Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Thankful Hearts

Hello Everyone and welcome back.

Time for a new Crafty Creations Challenge

Crafty Creations Challenges always have great sponsors and the sponsor for this challenge (#302) 
is Fresh Brewed Designs

Crafty Creations Challenges last 2 weeks and the theme for this challenge is Give Thanks

Since we have the Thanksgiving holiday coming very soon, 
I decided to use the Fresh Brewed Designs pumpkin image. It's #70 - Fall Pumpkin, 
click here to check it out and/or order it.

Let me show my card.


Those pumpkins I used on my card are the same image. I just changed the shape somewhat when I printed them out on my card stock.

Here is the original image right after I colored it. I sized this one at about 2" 




And below is the second image.
 To print my saved images, I use Word software and insert the saved digital image on the Word document. On this second image I made it larger, to do that I used the arrow in the bottom center and pulled the image downward instead of using the corner arrow. Using that corner arrow keeps the image size in perspective. I wanted this pumpkin to be taller and skinnier.



Let me share with you info on that center portion of the card, I used some corrugated cardboard  and pulled some of the paper off the front side to make it look distressed and colored with Pan Pastels. I then placed that corrugated piece on the card center.




I attached the pumpkins to that center panel.( I know this looks wet but it really isn't.)
For a little added texture I added a vine which is Boxwood twine and its bendable. Love it!!

SUPPLIES USED ON MY PROJECT
Stamps:  Digital Pumpkin - Fresh Brewed Designs, Sentiment - Hero Arts (old)
Paper/Card Stock
:White CS, Brown CS, Corrugated box piece
Ink: Black India Ink
Dies Used: Accucut Die - Center Step Card
Accessories:Pan Pastels, Colored Pencils, Tim Holtz Idea-ology Boxwood bendable Twine

I am submitting my card in the following challenges:



  • Crafty Cardmakers -  (Week 2) Thank You (#34 )
  • Eureka Stamps -  The Colors of Fall (#13 )
  • Not Just Cards -  Always Anything Goes (#187)
  • Colour Your World with Lucy Sunshine - Always Anything Goes (W2 of 2) (# 33)
  • Dragonfly +Dreams – Let's See Those Fall Colors (#11)
  • Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - #21 Anything Goes   (W2 of 2) (#207)
  • Scrappy Hands -  #51 Autumn/Fall (#14)
  • Scrappers Delights  Always Anything Goes (# 35)
  • Crafting-With-Friends Always Anything Goes (#145)
  • Polkadoodles – No.43 - (W1 of 2) Autumn/Fall Colors (#24)

  • Thanks for stopping by today. I will have another card for you on Saturday. Hope you can stop back.


    16 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Fabulous card Barbara, I love how you have altered the pumpkin and the way you have distressed the backing sheet is great. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends and we would love to see you again soon. Jennifer DT member xx

    Lin said...

    Great card Barbara. Very clever idea to make two different shaped pumpkins from the same image. The embossed background is perfect for it too.

    Thanks for your note over at Crafty Cardmakers and for being considerate enough to ask, but as this was created for Thanksgiving, it's absolutely fine. I do appreciate you taking the time to ask though!

    Good luck

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    Shona Erlenborn said...

    Love the manipulated pumpkins - they look wonderful, after all which two pumpkins are alike? Great idea Barb. Love the corrugated backing too. Lots of autumnal color and feeling in this card.

    caroline said...

    Lovely card thank you for joining us at http://lacysunshine.blogspot.com/ good luck
    Caroline senior ct



    Cynthia said...

    Lovely center step fold design, Barbara. Thanks for joining the Colors of Fall Challenge at Eureka Stamps this week!

    jenndub71 said...

    very creative!I love 3 dimensional cards! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers and more!

    Verna Angerhofer said...

    Beautiful step card and the coloring is fantastic!

    Tiggerscraps said...

    Very very cool! Thanks for joining us at Eureka this week!
    Marji DT

    Bev said...

    so much texture. I love it Thank you for taking the time to join in our Autumn colours challenge at Polkadoodles

    Amy Cohen said...

    Gorgeous- Love all the textures and the step card design too. Thank you for sharing with us at Lacy Sunshine Color Your World.
    Amy-DT

    TRACEY MO said...

    This is lovely so pretty! Great stepper too

    Thanks for joining us at crafting with friends today

    Tracey dt

    Karon said...

    So pretty - love the pumpkins. Thanks for joining us for our Autumn/Fall Colours Polkadoodles Challenge

    Karon DT, Polkadoodles

    karalschuknecht said...

    Beautiful fall card and I love the texture. Thanks for joining us this week at Eureka Stamps. Karal DT

    Scrappy Scatty said...

    Lovely card
    Thank you for joining us for our *Autumn/Fall Colours* Polkadoodles Challenge
    xx

    Crafty Pearly said...

    Beautiful colours and a lovely make. Thank you for joining us at Drangonfly Dreams. Hugs Traci DT xx

    ציקוש said...

    Beautiful and gorgeous card!
    Thanks for playing with us at the Scrappy hands Challenge